Bernice Akyeama Baa, a final-year student at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), died of electrocution in her apartment’s toilet.
Bernice Akyeama Baah, a Metallurgical Engineering student, was preparing to shower in her rented Ayeduase apartment at about 8.30 p.m. Wednesday when the incident occurred, according to reports.
She was found unresponsive and transported to the KNUST Hospital for treatment, but medics declared her dead when she arrived.
The victim was electrocuted in an unspecified manner, but police have ordered an autopsy as part of their investigation.
The deceased’s body was taken to the KNUST hospital morgue and deposited there.
The students in Level 400 Metallurgical Engineering are heartbroken by their classmates’ untimely deaths.
“We extend our heartfelt condolences to the family members and friends of Mrs.Bernice Baah; we mourn with them and may her soul rest in peace,” Matesa KNUST, which Bernice Akyeama Baah was a part of until her untimely demise, said.