Connect with us

News

Lawrence Tetteh Says Akufo-Addo Must Go Back to the Drawing Board Because Church Reopening Guidelines Are Not Practical

Published

on


Pastor Lawrence Tetteh, the founder/ President of the Worldwide Miracle Outreach, has called on President Akufo-Addo to come out with new guidelines for the reopening of churches because the current ones are not practical.

According to Tetteh, churches need new guidelines which are drawn up in consultation wth actual men of God because the current ones are impractical.

President Akufo-Addo in his 10th Presidential address on Sunday May 31st announced churches are being reopened but they have to adhere to some restrictions.

Speaking on those restrictions, Pastor Tetteh was not too pleased.

“Most people who end up in advising on some of these things are not as religious as some of us are and that is why everybody is needed,” he said on Morning Starr.

“Most of the things there are not workable and I’ve heard this morning and yesterday that a lot of churches have even decided not to go back to church because they cannot adhere to the conditions  and certainly when the president speaks its very important nobody speaks against the president’s order because Christianity is orderly and of course we must respect our leaders.”

He added: “So going back to the drawing board again is very important so some of these conditions would not just be relaxed but we will get a sense of convergence that will be beneficial to all and sundry.”

“After all, we all know that when it comes to Covid-19 it does not pick and choose.”

Advertisement

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

I Stopped Counsellor Lutterodt From Appearing On My Show Four Years Ago – Gifty Anti

Published

on


Host of The Standpoint, Gifty Anti has disclosed that, she personally stopped Counsellor George Lutterrodt from appearing on her show four years ago.

According to the multiple award-winning TV personality she came under critique for endorsing the behaviour of the counsellor.

“I have received a few accusations and bashing from some people with regards to George Lutterodt.

“I personally stopped him from coming on my show and studio four years ago.

“Yes, he’s been on The Standpoint before. On two occasions. November 2013 and February 2016.

“His last appearance was on 19th February 2016.

“I find it interesting and quite unfortunate that I am being accused of endorsing his behaviour because he’s been on The Standpoint before, irrespective of what he talked about on the show.

“But then again, if in the programme’s 12 years of existence if our ‘biggest crime’ committed, was letting him come on the show 4 years ago…I Totally apologise…

“And I keep using ‘I’ because I take full responsibility as the executive producer and host.”

The controversial counsellor has been heavily criticised by Ghanaians forclaiming that victims of rape always enjoy the act at a point.

This has roped in celebrities and media personalities including Ama K. Abebrese championing a campaign to axe out Counsellor George Lutterodt from all television shows.

Source: GhanaFeed.com

Continue Reading

News

EC Allegedly Exploiting Collated Figures From Registration Exercise- Afriyie Ankrah

Published

on


Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, the Director of Elections of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) had alleged that, the Electoral Commission (EC) had already begun exploiting and falsifying collated figures from the current registration exercise.

The Director of Elections claims the Electoral Commission keeps hiking registered figures in some regions in the country.

 “It is obvious that whereas the Jean Mensah-Bossman Asare-led EC is clandestinely ballooning figures emanating from a particular region, they are surreptitiously reducing those from the strongholds of the NDC,” He said.

He revealed that, 7,869 people had been registered at the Offinso North Constituency contrary to the 26,886 people that EC had claimed to have registered.

Also with the 14,263 people that EC claimed to have registered at Afigya Sekyere was also false.

Mr. Afriyie Ankrah explained that, “The EC diabolically reported 14,263 instead of the actual registration of 8,975 which was an addition of 5,288 registrants to those who actually registered.”

He condemned the EC’s decision to register Final Year Students at Senior High Schools without gazetted registration centers and called it illegal.

The Director of Communications said, though the NDC embraced all inclusive policy for this exercise, it was equally necessary for the EC to operate within its stipulated laws.

Source: GHANAFEED.COM

Continue Reading

News

Call The Soldiers To Order – Volta Chiefs Warn Akufo-Addo Over Alleged Military Intimidation

Published

on


The Congress of Paramount Chiefs in the Ho West District of the Volta region has called on government and the Electoral Commission to employ civil and peaceful means in identifying persons suspected to be aliens attempting to take part in the ongoing Voter registration exercise other than the Rambo-style approach being deployed by the military.

The chiefs have complained that military officers invaded the district on Tuesday, in a very intimidating and terrifying manner, where they ransacked homes of residents of Honuta in search of aliens -a situation the Congress of Chiefs describe as uncivil and unacceptable.

Some residents of the area have also alleged that soldiers visit some registration centers and begin to pull out suspected foreigners from the queues for questioning and intimidation.

However, addressing the press on behalf of all 16 paramount Chiefs at Dzolokpuita on Thursday, Osie Adjatekpor VII, Paramount Chief of Avatime Traditional Area, called on President Nana Akuffo-Addo to call the military to order.

The Avatime overlord further stated that, “it is unlawful for any individual or even the military to go onto the street questioning the nationality of another fellow. It’s unacceptable, embarrassing and only goes to add credence to the fact that there is an attempt to suppress our people as being alleged.”

“We want to solidarize with the people of Honuta and urge them to move out and register their numbers. They have our support and we would not sit down unconcerned to have anyone come and intimidate and disturb our peace in our attempts to exercise a civic responsible of registering.” He added.

Source: GhanaFeed.Com

Continue Reading

Politics

Politics2 hours ago

Place Lives Above Grades– Dr. Apaak To Government

Builsa South law maker, Dr. Clement Apaak of the National Democratic Congress has called the president of Ghana to place...

Politics2 hours ago

We’ve Accepted Our Fault, We’ll Appeal to Kwahu Traditional Council – NDC

The Eastern regional branch of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), albeit providing justification for invoking curses in the Kwahu Traditional Area,...

News2 hours ago

EC Allegedly Exploiting Collated Figures From Registration Exercise- Afriyie Ankrah

Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, the Director of Elections of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) had alleged that, the Electoral Commission (EC)...

Politics3 hours ago

No Matter How Intelligent Naana Agyemang Is, She Can’t Cure ‘Incompetent’ Mahama – Ursula Ekuful

Communication Minister and Member of Parliament for Ablekuma West, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful has stressed that Prof Jane Naana Agyemang as running...

Politics3 hours ago

NPP Backs EC To Register SHS Students In Schools

The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has thrown its weight behind the Electoral Commission to register senior high students in...

Politics3 hours ago

Akufo Addo More Wicked Than Nebuchadnezzar – Kweku Boahen

Deputy National Communications Officer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has slammed President Akufo Addo for ‘wicked’ decision to order...

Politics3 hours ago

I’m Grateful to Asawase Even If I Lose My Seat On December 7 – Muntaka Mubarak

The Minority Chief Whip, Mohammed Muntaka Mubarak has said he owe his popularity and achievement in the political space to...

News5 hours ago

Aspiring Parliamentary Candidate Nabbed For Holding Rally Despite Covid-19 Protocol Laws

Information reaching us indicates that, Mr. Joseph Kofi Damte, an aspiring Member for Assin South Constituency has been arrested by...

Politics5 hours ago

We Won’t Allow Any Form Of Intimidations From Kwahu Traditional Council – NDC Communicator

The Regional Communications Officer in the Eastern Region of the National Democratic congress says it will not accept any form...

News5 hours ago

Dan Botwe Bemoans Being Infected With Covid Despite Adhering to All Protocols

The Minister of Regional Reorganisation and Development and also the Member of Parliament for Okere, Dan Kwaku Botwe had narrated...

Business

Business1 week ago

Another Bank Merger- First National And GHL Bank

First National Bank Ghana, is a new bank from the merger of First National Bank and its subsidiary, GHL Bank....

Business2 weeks ago

“Our Predicament is Worse than Covid-19”- Aggrieved Customers to Akufo-Addo

The Coalition of aggrieved customers of the collapsed Fund Management Companies in Ghana have described their condition as worse compared...

Business2 weeks ago

MTN Drags NCA To Court Over Attempts To Break Monopoly

In a statement, MTN said despite consultations with NCA, the company was left with no choice than to resort to...

Business2 weeks ago

GCB Bank Grants Two Month Moratorium, Reduces Interest Rate On Personal Loans

GCB Bank Ltd, Ghana’s leading commercial bank, has granted a two month moratorium on loans, while also reducing interest rates...

Business3 weeks ago

Court Of Appeal Dismisses BOG’s Appeal In GN Savings Case – BOG Ordered To Justify Its Revocation Of Licence

The Court of Appeal on Monday 22nd June 2020, dismissed an appeal by the Bank of Ghana, which challenged the...

Business3 weeks ago

Full Charges On Mobile Money Transactions To Resume Today After A 3-Month Grace Period

Mobile money subscribers across all platforms are expected to resume the payment of full charges on all transactions, as the...

Business4 weeks ago

Ecobank Provides GH¢1.3 Million Support to Ghana’s COVID-19 Private Sector Fund

As part of its corporate social responsibility, Ecobank Ghana Limited has supported the Ghana COVID-19 Private Sector Fund with an...

Business1 month ago

Delving into Government’s Quest to Break MTN Ghana’s Monopoly and Its Implications

On Saturday, it emerged that Ghana will implement a set of policies to reduce the dominance of MTN Ghana in...

Trending