The Electoral Commission of Ghana, (EC) has announced the commencement of the voter registration exercise.
According to the EC, the exercise is scheduled to takeoff on Tuesday, 30th of June, 2020 to Thursday, 6th August, 2020 from 7:00am to 6:00pm each day.
Who Qualifies to Register?
One can only be able to register after meetings the following conditions:
- You must be a citizen of Ghana
- You must be 18 years and Above
- You must be of sound mind
- You must be a resident or ordinarily resident in an electoral area
- You must not be prohibited from registering by any law in force
Any of the below documents can be presented by the Applicant as a proof of eligibility:
- Passport Picture
- National Identification Card (NIA or Ghana Card)
- In the event where an Applicant does not have the required documents, the Applicant must be accompanied by two (2) guarantors who must have registered as voters under the current exercise.
As part of observing the COVID-19 protocols, the following measures are to be adhered to at the various registration centres.
- All Stakeholders are mandated to wear a face mask before entering the registration centre.
- The temperature of all stakeholders will be checked before entering the registration centre.
- Water and liquid soap for hand washing will be provided before joining the queue.
- Stakeholders will be required to maintain a minimum of 1 meter whilst in the queue.
- Scanners will be wiped with alcohol wipes before capturing finger prints.
- Hand Sanitizers will be provided at the exit of the registration centres.