Connect with us


Betting Is Making The Youth Lazy, We’re Taxing Them So They Can Stop – NPP



The Government of Ghana is proposing a 10 per cent tax on all winnings from sports betting.


This suggests that whenever a punter wins a bet, he is obligated to pay 10 per cent of that to the government and only keep the other 90 per cent.

Also, the betting companies will be taxed on all their revenues and will be mandated to pay a 20 per cent levy on their proceeds.

The news as relayed by the Ghana Revenue Authority reads:
Withholding tax on winnings from betting, lottery, and games of chance.

Betting, lottery, and game of chance winnings will now be subject to a 10% withholding tax at the point of payout.

Copyright © 2020-GhanaFeed.Com-Ghana News, Breaking News, Original Reporting, News Analysis and Fearless Journalism.
GhanaFeed.Com is an independent news media providing original and unbiased online news reporting and news analysis. Our mission is to provide excellent fearless journalist. Through our team of trained journalists, we report on what you care about, break big stories that hold major institutions and political structures accountable for their actions, and expose injustices that change people's lives.