Covid-19: 10 Key Points You Missed From The President’s 12th Address To The Nation
The President Nana Akuffo-Addo on Sunday evening delivered his 12th address to the nation on measures taken by the government against the spread of the coronavirus.
Here are ten (10) major highlights of the President’s Speech.
- All students and teachers to be provided with face masks upon reopening of Senior High Schools tomorrow, June 22, 2020.
- 18,000 veronica buckets have been distributed to schools.
- No mass gatherings and no sporting activities to be held in schools.
- One dormitory block would be used as an isolation center should a student fall sick.
- Maximum of 25 students to be allowed in a class.
- Government will absorb WASSCE examination fees for 313,837 final year students to cost the state about GH₵ 75M.
- According to WHO, asymptomatic patients are not likely to be infectious and therefore ‘are not likely to be able to transmit the virus to other persons.
- After 3 weeks of studying the WHO guidelines, the patient’s discharge policy has been adopted by the government.
- Recovered Covid-19 patients do not pose danger to anyone.
- Wearing of facemask is mandatory. If you are arrested for not wearing the face mask, your sanction could be severe.
Meanwhile Ghana’s Covid-19 cases count as at Sunday evening stood at;
Total Confirmed Cases: 14,154
Active Cases: 3,596